<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

CRAP! 

C&C4 is released. I've checked it out. When I heard about the release of the game, I didn't really care - C&C3 was mediocre.

This looks to be a Ground Control-esque style of game, which would be potentially awesome. I loved Ground-Control II.

As much as I try to keep away from the lure of gaming, the unstoppable force just keeps tugging away at my subconscious.

edit: Actually, I've done a bit more research. While the game mechanics look great, you need to put in about 10+ hours before you even have a handful of units available to you - they have to be unlocked on your gamer profile, rather than in the game you're currently playing. Think back to the Battlefield 2 days, where you had to spend hours upon hours in order to unlock all weapons. Same deal, but in an RTS. Not a good idea, by anybody's standards.

Additionally, the DRM system is a bitch. Requires a constant internet connection. Officially, this is to allow your profile's experience to be updated centrally, but previous systems have worked without a constant connection being required. This is obviously a ploy to punish pirates, who, ironically, will not be affected by it (cracked versions exist already which can be played offline). So who's getting punished? People who've legitimately purchased the game and have connection issues with their ISP - or even just the odd router issue.

See, I'd rather not support them if they lack this much foresight.

But I so would love to play the game...whatever shall I do?

Comments:
I think you've knuckled under. :P You were playing it yesterday!

I tried installing your Red Alert 3, but the freakin' DRM wouldn't let me, even with net-found CD Keys. Balls.
 
Oh, damn. There's probably a crack somewhere but you'd have to search for it, using the Trial and Error, or just torrent a copy.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?