<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Their Opinion Was Wrong 

So I was put off listening to the newest Don Caballero album (Punkgasm) because I read somebody's opinion about it somewhere on Internet - that since their guitarist started guitarring for Battles, they've sucked. He went as far to say that the new crap sounds a lot like Isis (if you've heard any Don Cab, you'd know that this is a long way for them to travel, sonically).

Well, I listened to the new stuff. It's awesome. You'd think that since I believe even professional journalists' opinions should be ignored, I'd ignore some anonymous jerk on a forum somewhere.

Nooooooo...

(And as I type this, a riff pops up that could be described as sounding remotely like an Isis phrase...and do you know what? It sounds awesome.)

Comments:
...yeah. Totally. That's whatever you were talking about for you. O.o

Seriously, though, yes, one jerk's opinion can oft have more weight than you want it to.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?