<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 21, 2008

...Yep. Went well. We can each play out our various parts of 'Run'. All I have to do is arrange the song, as we only knew the parts, not how to string 'em together.

I'm quite happy that we managed to find a radio-friendly rock song that's intricate enough to prevent me from getting sick of it on the first listen, yet not too complicated that Lucas isn't going to give up on it.

Pete and I were both very disappointed by Shihad's live performance at the Gaelic last night, too. Most of their songs were pretty 'meh', which became the word of choice for both of us throughout the night. It actually gave us more drive to come back and make our version of Run better - anything to distance what we were planning on doing from the acoustic version that they played.

Not that it was all bad - they were incredibly tight as a band (although Pete thought the vocals were way off) and great at the showmanship game. They totally played the audience and did it well. It's just a shame that flash wasn't why we paid for tickets to see them.

Comments:
Chumps. I didn't have to pay for ANY tickets, was told by a lesbian she'd sleep with me, and despite the band only playing acoustic stuff I wouldn't normally listen to, they were actually pretty good.
 
I like our version better.
 
Craig, being told by a lesbian that she'd sleep with you isn't quite as cool as you might think - especially when she doesn't actually sleep with you.

Take it about as seriously as, say, me saying I'd do some guy (too many examples to list here).

And Lucas? Hopefully you won't hate what I'm pitching with the extended bridge part...although it may not be *that* extended.
 
Oh, I didn't take it seriously. She'd had almost a full bottle of wine at that point.. Besides, that whole lesbian thing and my distinct lack of vagina..
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?