<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 23, 2008

This Time I Mean It 

So I've decided to pull my finger out and make that D&D campaign after all. Initially wanted to just make a dungeon crawl or two to tide us over while Pete completes his campaign, which turned into me wanting to actually make a story arc, then eventually coming up with ideas for a complex world (although not complex in the traditional sense). I've hardly played D&D before, so it's not something I have much experience with, resulting in me just reading bits of things relevant to DMing over the past month or so, writing notes sporadically and making crazy promises to people, then going back on my word...with other crazy promises.

Last night, partly while at work and partly while hanging out at the star, I decided that I'd just dive in headfirst - which is always the best way to learn things - and make a dungeon crawl in the world I'll have my future campaign set in. It'll help me get used to DMing, setting up encounters, with the added bonus of me being able to 'write' the world as folks play it - better preparing me for contingency issues for when the first full campaign's created.

I'll be spending most of the weekend on it (aside from a few commitments), then I'll chip away at it for most of the week.

Comments:
Go Gnome Ranger.

Maybe I'll name him spot.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?