<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Chips Are Down 

Pete's recently-purchased 500GB SATA drive spat the dummy a few weeks ago. It began coughing up blood, loaded intermittently, then decided that Hard Drive Hell isn't such a bad place to be after all, and just gave up on Life, The Universe, and Heaps of Cake. He's now running on one of my old ATAs temporarily until he gets another one.

Craig's 500GB SATA drive was having things installed on it the other day when it started hiding from Windows (maybe it was a Vietnam vet - snipers...hahaha, anyone?). After checking for it in partition magic or something, the whole thing was revealed to be a bad sector. Once he brought it over here (we were and still are having a bit of a LAN), it was decided that the drive may be faulty after all. At least he can get it back on warranty.

I, too, had recently purchased a nice, shiny, hopefully very healthy 500GB hard drive.

...

Yeah...I think I'm going to back up my things shortly.

(Yeah, the post's title almost would have been a pun, except I'm talking about drives, which technically aren't chips themselves...although they have chips on them, so maybe it still counts. Either way, I can't think of anything better, so I ain't changing nothin')

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?