<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 24, 2007

A Bit Of A Post From A Few Days Ago And A Post From Today. And Also A Quotation That I Think Is Cool. 

So this was a draft that I saved and forgot to actually complete. I was writing it on Monday.

"So I get home Friday night to Jane, who's asleep on the couch (passed out - she'd purchased more goon). I start watching a DVD of some sort. She eventually wakes up to tell me that she's been fired.



No kidding. I could already guess why, so I didn't bother asking. I won't elaborate, as I'd imagine most of y'all who read dis would already.



She starts the conversation, with "They fired me today. So I bought goon, so you probably hate me now, but I don't care". Then, when I just silently looked at her in response, she very tactfully went on to say "...but it's your problem, not mine." I then started to say that it caused problems for both of us, although I didn't envy her for the position she'd gotten herself into. She cut me off mid-sentence to tell me that it was my problem again. So I told her I wanted her out by January.



She gave me a look, which I returned with another look. She started talking, only to be cut off by me ("Do you mind? I'm watching this! We'll talk later.") Then tried talking again, with about as much success as the first time. (probably worth bearing in mind that this is one of the only times I've ever actually cut her off, so I think it threw her a bit...).



I cut her off because she was still clearly drunk, although I think she wasn't as drunk as she was letting on."


Most of you probably know the story now. On the weekend following, she was bright, chipper, happy and perfectly sober. And not a word was mentioned about having to move out. I know she rememebered it, and was quite certain that in typical Jane style, was pretending it didn't happen and hoping it'd go away.

On Christmas eve, she starts referring future plans for paying rent, something about her paying for it the week coming up, and me paying for it next time. I responded with: "Well, that's pretty likely, considering what we talked about on Friday". I get a blank look. I walk out of the room and she calls out that it was "something about moving out by January?".

I told her, yes, that's still the plan. She tells me that she's not going to move out. I tell her that if that's the case, she can try taking the lease in her name (if the real estate agent is stupid enough to agree to it) and I'll move out - I was just unwilling to live with her any longer. She spend the better part of the conversation just flat-out refusing to leave. I eventually convinced her that it wasn't going to work out that way.

She's got a pretty uncertain future now. If somebody like Salesforce aren't willing to employ her, she has little chance with anyone else. I hope she at least goes on the dole or something. Better still, she really needs to move back with her parents - I don't usually like to comment on these things, but I reckon they've left a few things unfinished.

I'm going to talk to her tonight (if she's remotely sober) and make sure she's actually looking for a decent place to live.

Also, I have scored a Wii for christmas. I stayed up all night playing metal slug. I get a new (ish) console and I'm playing a 10-year old arcade game series on it. Drew Carey said it best: It's like buying a fine china set and eating nothing but macaroni and cheese with it.

Let me finish on a proverb that I just read about an old SNES peripheral:


"Like most high precision devices, the Power Glove is not to be used in overly vigorous masturbation. It could lead to serious injury, electrocution, and feelings of shame. The handicapped, elderly, or pregnant are not to use the Power Glove unless supervised by a midget."


Comments:
Yeah. Seanbaby's great for stuff like that.

On the rest? Everything's coming together. Goodbye Dalmatian carpet.
 
Coming together? Well, not for one of us...

I'm sure that she's still going to try to weasel her way out of it. By 'charming' me, I believe she calls it.

I've always wondered how somebody who prides themselves on the act of manupulating other people must deal with the evidence that they're not really able to do so - if she were any good at 'charming' others, she'd certainly be in control of herself and her own life, which is not the case at this point (stop me if I'm wrong).
 
You're entirely right.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?