<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day Four 

I jinxed it, or thought I did, by posting about Magrat earlier.

See, I left Magrat, Cat Of Lucas And Tanja, yesterday morning (peering out accusingly from under their bed - she still doesn't trust me when those two aren't around) to do during-the-day crap that doesn't warrant blogging about.

When I returned that evening, at about 5-6ish, I didn't receive the usual Magrat greeting (this basically involves her watching me open the door from up the hallway, then disappearing further back into the house by the time I get inside).

I didn't even think about it that much, if at all.

Checked her food bowl. Hadn't been touched. Hmm...again, didn't really think about it.

Put a DVD on (Bill Bailey's stand-up thing - Hilarious) and made with the watching and the laughing. By this point, I'd been there for an hour and a half and hadn't seen Magrat. This got my attention - The place isn't exactly spacious. Even if she had been hiding from me, her food bowl should have been touched while I was gone, but this didn't appear to be the case. I got to panicking.

Follow my mum's sagely advise whenever I lost something as a kid: Where was the last place I saw it? OK, went to take a look under the bed and found squat. Limited places in the bedroom that she could have hidden anyway, so it didn't take me long to discover that she wasn't gonna be hiding there. Took a look in the wardrobe, even thought the doors were closed. Nothing.

Went to the computer room. Same deal. Wardrobe was open slightly, too small a gap for her to have gotten through but I checked it anyway. Nothing.

I ended up looking under furniture and in the backyard. Despite being sure she was inside when I locked up, I was beginning to suspect she'd run outside when I left (somehow sneaking right past me in the process). Maybe she ran off because she misses her pet humans?

Eep.

Cue two hours or so of panic, and quite a bit of looking around the neighborhood, wondering how the hell I was going to break it to Lucas:

'Uh, hey...Magrat was an outdoorsy kind of cat, wasn't she?'

Uh, no.

I eventually decide to go and turn the computer on and continue searching while it booted up (this would buy me about half an hour of time to continue looking around). In the computer room, the sliding wardrobe door was where I'd left it when I checked previously (which was basically how I found it - open by about 4-5cm) but this time I see two eyes peering out at me with a startled expression.

I'm the one who should be startled, you damn cat.

Comments:
Hi-Larious. That actually had me in a coughing fit i was laughing so much.

It's even better than that time you cracked your head on the shovel in our garage..
 
Did you watch Half Troll?
 
Craig, it was certainly one of those 'Head-shovel' moments.

Chris, it was Half-Troll. Rather funny. How'd you find it?
 
Bwa ha ha ha. Yes, she does that. Often to us. She's a bint that way.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?