<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Aqusitionary Ramblings. 

Got Botch's We Are The Romans.

One word, many vowels:

Sweeeeeeet.

Also, Porcupine Tree coughed up a new album, Fear Of A Blank Planet, apparently some time this year, so I grabbed that as well.

Their last few albums were essentially heavy rockish sorta pop songs, despite the misguided common perception that they're progressive-rock. They haven't been doing anything remotely prog for years.

I loaded this thing up and it tells me there's 6 tracks. Over 50-odd minutes. Hmm. Back to crazy pink-floyd soundscapey stuff? Not really.

All I've decided on it at this point is that I don't hate it. Some songs are cool. The rest sound like Dream Theatre, but, you know, with a good singer, and cohesive instrumentation. Undecided on those...

I also remember why I don't like buying music DVDs. I scored a copy of that live DVD ISIS put out recently. Has an entire performance of their gig in Annandale from 2005 (the first out of two times they're played here), along with a bunch of other random performances over their career.

All good, I thought, it should be enough to keep me amused for a while.

Wrong: I forgot one important factor about ISIS. Their studio work is damned amazing and they do pull their stuff off live quite well, but they're boring as hell to watch. Doesn't help that the older recordings are poor quality. Oops.

Still, the Sydney gig was entertaining enough.

Comments:
Yeah... the only live DVDs I have or would consider getting (respectively) is Cat Empire and the White Stripes. Both because their live stuff is so much different that their studio.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?