<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Boris - Feedbacker 

So I'm listening to a CD called Feedbacker by a band called Boris on the shiny headphones I bought mainly for recording purposes (which were fixed and returned fairly quickly under warranty, being faulty out of the box).

Holy crap. Mogwai got nothing on these guys for layers (and layers and layers and layers) of noise. Especially impressive, given that the instrumentation up until this point has been incredibly minimal.

I think my ears are bleeding.

edit - just over twelve minutes into the second song, after a brilliant guitar solo (yes, I just called a solo brilliant) they've just started actually singing.

Comments:
Dude. you called a solo brilliant. And it wasn't a Claypool bass solo.

Yeah, yeah, well, I just got a classical interpretation of a White Stripes song. So there!
 
Believe it or not, but I actually don't like how his playing sounds that much. It doesn't seem to work for about half their songs.

This doesn't mean that I don't think that his technique is anything to sneeze at, though.

Larry's guitar playing, on the other hand, is brilliant and is rarely out of place.

As bass players go, I'm more often impressed by, say, Ryan's playing (from Mudvayne).
 
HAW-haw! You have feelings!
 
Yeah - I think my medication's no longer working. I may need to increase the dosage. Sorry about that.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?