<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 05, 2007

"You Do Not Know The Meaning Of What You Say Until You Know What Is Actually Heard" 

I just came across this quotation by...uh, somebody other than me. When I read the line, I thought to myself: Right, and how do we know (and I mean really know) what is actually heard?

Don't mean to get mopey (I think I'm past that stage anyway), but the line (and my resulting question) reminded me of the breakup. I believe that words lose their intended meaning the instant they're uttered, which ultimately means that two people within a relationship cannot attain true understanding of one another.

I always thought (or assumed at some level) that Sarah knew this as well, but I guess the reason for the breakup seems to contradict this, while validating the theory in the first place, as, on the surface, I was dumped for a lack of understanding of who she was. I never realised just how ironic the whole situation was until I read that quote a few minutes ago.

Comments:
What I find is that I don't even understand what I'm thinking until I manage to explain it to someone else.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?