<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ode To My Phat-Guitar 

"You have to pick up The Bass, as Mingus called his with audible capitals, and think of the slow years the wood spent as a tree, which might well have been enough for wood, and think of the skill the bassmaker carried without great thought of it from home to the shop and back for decades, and know what bassists before you have played, and know how much of this is stored in The Bass like energy in a spring and know how much you must coax out. How easy it would be, instead, to pull a sword from a stone. But what's inside The Bass wants out." - William Matthews, 1995 From: "Time & Money: New Poems" (1995)

How lovely. My bass is made of luthite, not wood, but you know, I guess that part's open to interpretation.

...

Being made of luthite, it was problably congealed in a vat somewhere, not made like a regular bass. But again, I can use my imagination to make the rest fit, surely.

...

The sword thing works for me, as does everything past that point.

Comments:
Your bass is wanting to release it's inner vat?

Dude, you're wierd.

And look where that comment os coming from.
 
No, nothing really applies to my bass from that poem. Except the sword thing.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?