<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Just Won't Stop Spending. At Least It Gives Me Something To Blog About. 

So I recently went and blew a large portion of my savings at Billy Hyde the other day.

1 50-watt guitar amp, which regularly retails at 2k. This I have been meaning to buy for a while, since I can no longer convince myself that my guitar actually sounds any good through either of my bass amps, because it just ain't true. It has a built-in overdrive that just kicks arse. I used to think that Sarah's boss distortion pedal was pretty cool, but this thing blows 'em out of the water.

1 dynamic micrphone of some sort, normally worth 290 bucks. I already have a bunch of dynamics lying around, but none have a very good top-end. To put that into practical terms, I can't record Lucas' hi-hats very well. That's now changed.

I also ordered in the following, as they're not normally stocked by Billy Hyde, or anywhere else in Sydney that I know of...

1 MXR Blowtorch. RRP - 375 bananas. This sucker is a bass overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal. These things are pure evil in an angry-looking little metal box. I may sell my existing unit, as even though I got a rather large discount on this, I still had to pay a bit for it (I don't care how badass a pedal is, in this day and age, 375 bucks can only be described as: OVERPRIIIIC'D!!!)

1 white Fender Jaguar, $1150. The guy who was looking after me looked this one up to check its availability, as Jags (and Jazzmasters) are only made in Japan, unlike the more popular Fender makes. Even then, supply rarely keeps up with demand, so I was lucky that I'd be able to get it sent over within a few weeks.

Another employee in the store walked past the computer screen as the order was being made and did a double-take.

"Whoa, they're still making those?! Geez, I'll have to check that out when it comes in..."

Heh, heh. Yeah. I have reached the epitomy of music snobbery. I just had to go and buy the Fender that people didn't know Fender actually made...

So, yeah. I got discounts on everything, which took the price down a lot, but all in all, as I said to the guy who was helping me:

"Today, I truly am Billy Hyde's bitch."

Comments:
Fender-lovin' brandslut that you is. You have a guitar! That said, Jaguars are cool. I knew Fender still made them.

And Hyde seems to have fitted you for a saddle. When are you buying the big psychobilly double bass?
 
When I find an upright for under a hundred bucks, Lucas-style, I'll buy one.

And yeah, they still make Jags, but he was talking about the colour/spec that I ordered in. I think.

I tried locating the Jag I'm ordering on Fender's own website and couldn't find any. Shrug.

Between the LTD and the Jag, I reckon I'll get some pretty interesting sounds. They're both very different guitars.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?