<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 12, 2007

Huh? 

So today I was asked by Tony (who sits near Lucas and Craig) if I was the lead guitarist in the band.

Right...I didn't know whether I'd get a 'How can it be a band with no lead guitarist?' sort of response, so I just told him that I am doing guitar and bass tracks for our stuff, although I'd be the bass player should we start playing live.

There was no way in hell I was going to tell him the guitar playing is purely rhythm guitar and I am the lead bassist. That would have probably resulted in a very confused stare from poor Tony.

Now, since I'm talking about music on my blog (believe it or not, it wouldn't be the first time), I'll just keep it up for the remainder of the post.

After my first attempts to get Lucas' drum-beating recorded, I can say that there are things that were impressive and there were things that were disappointing.

Impressive was the fact that in two takes, Lucas had pretty much shown that he could play to a click track pretty damn well. So well that two takes was all I needed for a half-decent track to work with.

The disappointing thing was that the damn machine (the audio interface, not Lucas) wasn't working properly, so I could only record him with a single mic. Dang.

Comments:
I'm not a droid! I am a man!

And yeah, boi. I've got rhythm. I've got music. Who could ask for anything moooore. Well, a new hat, but I'm not picky.

As for my timing, it's always been pretty good. Mostly because I learn whole songs if I can (see exhibits A and B, Bullet With Butterfly Wings and Hardest Button To Button) and so it just sounds right when I do it right. Which I do. Sort of. Most of the time.

And don't mind Tony. His idea of music is a guy going duff... duff... duuf.... doo doo doo doo doo... duff... duff... duuf.... doo doo doo doo doo... etc. The System... Is Down.

And I still think you're a frustrated guitarist trapped in the body of a bass player.
 
I'll play anything that you put in front of me. Including your drum set.

I still reckon I prefer playing bass though.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?