<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Distorted Guitars = Metal, Apparently 

I'm currently working the graveyard shift and listening to the 'Random Metal Stuff' cd Lucas made for me, comprised of music which was (allegedly) mainly metal-related stuff from another guy's iPod that Lucas borrowed.

I am liking some of the stuff I've heard on it, although most of it's rubbish.

Most notably though, there's some Tom Waits on here, which ain't bad.

However, beyond Antagonist (which are actually more of a hardcore/screamo band if anything), I have yet to find anything that could be considered metal. I guess I could consider these few Marilyn Manson tracks that are on here to be metal-ish. And a glance at the playlist of songs yet to be played (more Waits, the Cramps and some White Stripes) gives me the impression that Lucas is worse at classifying music by genre than I am.

You heard me.

(as I finish writing, 'Fire For A Dry Mouth' by Between The Dead And Me started playing. Now THAT'S metal. Grindcore, in fact. So I'm put back in my place, if only slightly. But my comments about the other songs that have yet to be played are still valid)

Comments:
Tom Waits is gre-at. Is he metal?
 
You tool. It wasn't ALL metal. Only about 200 meg out of 700 was. You tool. There was some psychobilly and lounge and other stuff. You tool.
 
Somebody has a limited vocabulary.

And Christop, Waits is totally metal. Just listen to that drunken growl of his that he started using when he got sick of actually singing.
 
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm metal too.
 
Yeah, totally!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?