<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Busted! 

Looks I'll have to come up with a different response to the question 'How are you?' when posed by peers at SalesForce upon contacting them via telephone.

My typical response used to be 'On top of the world!' in an overly depressed tone, which promptly changed to 'Belligerent and numerous!'. This is usually met with a laugh, or silence for a few thoughtful seconds while the CSR at the other end of the line wonders if they actually heard me correctly.

One guy copped me a second time with that response and told me so. Found it funny the second time, but told me I was busted.

I informed him that I should think about using a different line from now on.

I reckon I'll go with 'I'm quite itchy, but I don't know you well enough to tell you where'.

Comments:
I say "I've slipped into the 5th circle of Hell, thank you."
 
But do you really?

If not, you should.
 
I've said, 'No, no, no, no, no. Twenty-one,' before.
 
Heh, heh. I don't get it.

Therefore, I must try saying it to someone.
 
Well, I was saying no over and over again because someone said that sometimes they're not allowed to hang up on you until you've said 'no' a certain number of times. And then they asked how old I was, and I was 21 then.
I'm so much more mature now.
 
Oh. Now that you've lifted the mystique from that line, the appeal's totally worn off now.

Oh, well. It can still make no sense to the people I use it on. That's almost as good.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?