<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Less Worky...More Money? 

Well, it is apparent that I will be able to switch to part-time at my current place of worky. This is good news, as I may be able to put more time in to writing/recording music. The only reason I am holding back on this (which I am) is because it won't quite cover me comfortably enough while still being able to buy nice things, like guitars and audio interfaces and mixers and sombreros. This meant that I'd only be able to take this opportunity when Sarah and I moved out at the end of the year to somewhere cheaper.

So when she dropped a bombshell that she wanted to move out to her own place, she kind of gave a little and took a little away...and took a little more away. Waaaah.

This means that we will be moving out before the end of the year as well which means, as I'll be looking for a place that much noise can be made, Poweranimal will have a proper rehearsal space. As opposed to upstairs at my mum's place. You know, where there was less than twenty metres from the neighboring houses.

This is merely an idealised scenario, unfortunately. It is more likely that I will have no time to look for a place and end up moving back in with the family. I'll try and make sure that doesn't have to happen, mainly by not being too picky about where I end up living, but it's a scenario I can't rule out.

May have to look for a new band name, too. Poweranimal won't cut it. Here's why. Probably wouldn't be such a problem is they weren't signed to a major label, but through a strange twist of fate, this obscure band with a myspace page actually is.

What blog entry of mine would be complete without a review of a CD of some sort? None, that's what!

Finally ended up getting my paws on The Campfire Headphase, the most recent Boards Of Canadia (damn you, Lucas) album. 'Tis a nice one. Their samples are less obscured in this release, and as quite a few backing tracks are simple samples of guitar riffs, it makes for a slight change of pace than their previous stuff. I remember there being a lot of hype from the fanbase about the usage of guitars in this one, but it doesn't seem to change their sound that much. They're still samples and, like the rest of the samples they use, these are used to create texture in each track that they're in. The difference in sound comes from the fact that the samples seem less BOC'd than usual. But not too much less.

Also, through Craig, I now have a copy of 'Has Been', William Shatner's album. Surprisingly, it's not bad. You heard me.

It even has Henry Rollins doing guest vocals (rather funny guest vocals!) in 'I Can't Get Behind That' (which is probably the stand-out track).

The point is, I've actually listened to this album not once, not twice, but thrice since I got it. And I might just listen to it again.

And just like most music reviews I make, I'll probably disown this one in less than a month, just like I did with pretty much every other one I can think of.

Except for the good stuff about BOC. Those guys rock.

Comments:
Ouche`

As for a new band name. Banana Hammock.

Or Xerox Mann. It's your chance to make that name famous!
 
Hmm...Xerox Mann's Super-Happy-Funtime Band.

It may work, until I have to run it by the other band members. Then it may not work so well.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?