<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Can't Think Of Anything To Type In Here, So You Might As Well Just Read What I Wrote In The Post Instead. 

I apologise for the lack of activity on this blog, but nothing much has been happening since the last post. Not even things that aren't worth talking about. I'll write down every exception I can think of.

-Sarah and I attempted to make jelly (it was Green Flavour™) the other night, but a silverfish fell out of the box when we dumped the contents into a bowl. I think we ended up eating bread.

-I've been taking advantage of the stupidly hopeless AI on Ground Control II by trying to beat a full grid of AI players on each map. I've been more successful than I'd hoped, and believe me when I say I wish there were a way to make the game challenging.

-I've been progressing through my reading list. This is a list of books that I have yet to read but would like to complete. It's basically been the same all year. I'll write out the list now in chronological order according to when they were added to the list. I'll put it where the rest of my 'Things I've Done' list would go if I actually did anything worth mentioning.

Jean-Paul Sartre - Nausea.

...

I'm off to play some Ground Control now.

Comments:
Funny you should mention reading lists.. i've just added a few to mine:

The Bible
The Koran
The Satanic Bible
The Buddhist Bible (whatever it's called - Book of the living and the dead last i heard)
And possibly whatever scientologists have that equates to a bible of some sort..


Now, to get my hands on said books..
 
I could set you up with most of those...but since I moved, a lot of my books have gone missing. Except I don't have this 'Satanic Bible' you mentioned.

I think the scientologist book you are thinking of is Dianetics: The Modern Science Of Mental Health, which was Hubbard's first book...but he'd written a number of others before he died.

And the Buddhist thing is called the Tripitaka. I had some form of that lying around somewhere. I think.
 
And I assume you have the Tao-te-ching?

I hope so, because that's another one that's in the 'I-Don't-Know-Where-The-Hell-It-Is' Pile.
 
Someone I know is always going on about the Satanic Bible and says it's by someone called Anton Levayne (spelling?).
I liked Nausea. Everyone else I know who read it found it depressing though.
 
So far, I'm liking it. I always seem to be picking up books when I'm simply not in the mood to read anything, though, so I've had to re-start a few times, over the...months I've been reading it.

I would find it a little more funny if I didn't relate to 'twan so easily.
 
That is, the Antoine from Nausea, not The Satanic Bible.

Ahem. Moving on.
 
Yeah, its was Anton Le Vayne if memory serves.. some californian guy with a french name who looked like Kane from the early command and conquer games..


Why is it that every evil guy looks like that?!

Oh and ted.. The Tao-Te-Ching-What?

Is that the chinese bible-y thing that's been around longer than all the others?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?