<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Warning Forever 

Found this game when I checked out Somethingawful a few weeks ago. It's essentially a top-down shooter of Raiden fame which just consists of boss battles back to back. Each boss is built around a central core with weaponry that is adapted by the AI based on your performance in previous levels. Which means that, in theory, it'll get pretty hard pretty quickly if you keep doing the same stuff over and over.

Every other aspect of the genre (different weapons, powerups, smaller things to shoot at, fancy little landscapes to fly over etc.) hasn't been put in the game, so it's pretty simple.

It's easy to learn, but hard to master, as they say.

My high score (all options are set on standard) is 18459500, at level 16 with 5 deaths.

(Oh, and if you do play it, don't use the default weapon. I have no idea why they even give you the option, since most of the later levels are spent shooting in all directions. The firing-cone...thingy is so much more practical)

If you like that kind of game, you should check it out.

Comments:
i once reached 1700 and something on the game on my phone. then i dropped it. the new one doesn't have it.

i sad.
 
Curses, you just pipped my hi-score: 18,176,000, also level 16, 3 deaths.

http://www.ladle.demon.co.uk/misc/wf.html
 
Ooh, how very groovy. Another person who plays it.

I have to respect your 3 deaths, though. That's impressive in itself. The least amount of deaths I've ever managed has been 5, but it's often closer to 10.

And I'll have to make use of that parsing script, too, but until I can be bothered doing that, I've just beaten my hi-score again, twice. My highest is

24628900, level 18, 8 deaths. (I'm a regular little missile-addict).

Just shy of 9 minutes.
 
...and now that I've looked at the script, how does one go about running it?

I'll be betraying my ignorance here, but I do believe I've never even heard of Perl :-D
 
we are out of hard liqor! we need boooooooooooooooooooooooze!



yOU HEARD ME.
 
01DGFPSERHGPAREGIJAERGPIAGAERPIGAPIDJRGFPIAUNRGUGJTD i AM THE VERTY MNODEL OF A MODERN MAHOR GENBRERAL IVE EDUICATION ANIMNAL AND VEGETYABLE AND MINERAL.
 
I FOUGHT THE LAW AND...




....i won!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?