<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 13, 2006

They're Polluting Our Precious Bodily Fluids... 

Went to the Best Gig Ever last night...Catherine and I had tickets to see Sigur Rós, who're supporting their latest album right now. We almost didn't go, because I waited almost two weeks after they started selling tickets, and they'd nearly sold out. This meant we were stuck all the way at the back, despite our attempts to sneak in somewhere closer...Regardless, throughout the first couple of songs and the last one, they played with a screen in between them and the audience with all manner of lights happening behind them (yeah, Tool style...but somehow better...probably because of the fancy curtain!) and a small video snippet projected onto it (again, Tool style...but better...). This meant that you'd see flickering shadows of the band members (usually just the ones who were playing anything) on the screen, sometimes three times their actual size. As a result, us suckers at the back didn't miss out too much on the visual spectacle. Hooray!

Speaking of Tool (three strikes? pathetic, obsessed fan alert!) I'm waiting on their new damn album...less than a month, now...to tide me over, I've picked up Pork Soda (Primusy goodness!) as well as Opeth's Ghost Reveries (Dream Theatre-with Death-Growling! More often than not, but not always a Good Thing) and one of Porcupine Tree's many, many, many, many releases (thinking it was a proper album when it turned out to be something else...but that's Porcupine Tree for you). I've also checked FSOL's website three times in the past 48 hours. Again, that must mean I'm a pathetic, obsessed fan.

Still coming up with music for Poweranimal. Actively saving for a drum set now...going to try to get cash for one in two month's time. Let's hope I'm not being optimistic. I know I've already saved enough Froot Loops to lure a drummer into playing for us. Hi, Lucas!

Unfortunately, my damn bass decided to quit on me. One pickup went out. Not to worry though, I have 5 more pickups on the thing, so it's not all bad. BWAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!!! I'm going to hack at it with a soldering iron later, I can see where it got broke.

Catherine bought the first season of The Simpsons. Here I was, thinking I'd seen it all and that I'd be able to recite the entire thing word-for-word. Guess again. I've forgoten quite a lot of the first season, apparently. There's more life in the Simpsons yet! (at least from my point of view)

Just finished reading VAS: An Opera In Flatland. Three words:

Totally
Wierded
Out.

I'm going to inflict this book on other people, now.

Saw Dr Strangelove for the first time on Tuesday, even though I know the most important parts by way of many small references from the Fallout series (many, MANY small references), The Simpsons (Homer sitting on top of an antique nuke with a cowboy hat...although I'm not sure I should trust my memory where The Simpsons are involved any more) and the Smurfs (just kidding). It was fun!

Comments:
Im getting one of primus' albums from a guy at work.. Anti-pop or soemthing i think it's called..

Also, i can't swallow. And not in a sexy way either. Damn sickness.. EAT WHOEVER THEY HAVE FILLING IN FOR ME!! BWAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Also, for anyone outside of Ted who reads this, I SAW JIMMY!!! He's got dreads!

That is all.
 
Antipop is their most recent release...before they broke up. But they're back together (allegedly) and in the process of making a new one. Oh, hang on, they did a dvd recently. 'Animals Should Not Try To Act like People'. Heh, heh.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?