<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gig-git-y! 

Well, the gig was interesting. The sound were totally screwed, particularly at the start, where I couldn't play high notes without the vibration triggering the hi-hat (or something that was metallic and cymbally) in the unoccupied kit behind me. Lucas came to the rescue very quickly and put a stop to it. Which was great, since I didn't even realise that it was something in the kit that was doing it. But I'm told we played well, although I think I stuffed up way too many times. Eh, practice will fix that.

On the other hand, Catherine was great. She sung and played as well as she usually does when we're practicing. I was impressed, especially considering her very shakey talking-to-the-audience voice to begin with. Hell, I would have been nervous too, if I'd have looked at the audience.

Thanks for coming and supporting us, guys! You rocks! (also, thanks again for the shirt, Lucas. Heh, heh)

And for those not at the gig, check out The Oceans if you get a chance. Big surprise. I was kinda turned off to begin with because they sounded very, uh, 'dancey' to start with (which they were), but after about 30 seconds of devoting my attention to them, I realised that they're a rather talented bunch.

Incidentally, I'm not saying they're necessary to making good music, but anybody who bashes the use of effects pedals should give these guys a listen. Their music may change your mind.

I hope to see those guys live again. Best band there by a long shot.

I'm about to leave to meet Catherine in the city, with is rather good, since I've been missing her all day. She's been busy with her film, and, well, making it. It is looking pretty kickarse, despite the many, many unavoidable hiccups along the way. Seriously, it looks like it's made on a much higher budget than it was...

I'm also looking at this blog, and while it may look nice on my PC, it looks like crap on pretty much everyone else's, what with the heavy use of non-standard fonts, so I'll be changing stuff around when I have nothing better to do...or, to be more realistic, when I have too much stuff to do.

Comments:
Shut up, Ted. You were fine. and it was the snare on the drum kit. You know, the springs they tense across the drum skin to get that sharp sound? Well, your bass was making them vibrate. I flipped the switch to slack them, risking the wrath of the drummer who owned it.

I'm planning a poweranimal shirt, whether you like it or not. Bam.

And yeah. The Oceans rocked. Especially that 6-minute, singerless set that sounded like a cross between Rage Against the Machine and early Red Hot Chili Peppers.

About time you were blogging again! Monkey!

BTW, I may have to burn you a CD of the pictures I took and send it to you. There are that many.
 
OK, OK, I'll shut up, simply because I know I can do better next time :-P

And yes, I DO like the idea of that Poweranimal shirt. from what you told me about it, I would wear one myself. Heh, heh.

And I would love a CD of those pic-a-tures. Dude. I shall make a post...NOW! (see newest post, and please don't punch me)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?