<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 28, 2005

DON'T PANIC 

Catherine and I spontaneously decided to see The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy today, just because it happened to be showing and we were in the city at the time. This is the part where I tell you good readers what I thought.

First off, let me say that I liked it overall. One cool thing about it was the main characters all pretty much looked like I thought they would. Except Zaphod (when you see him, you'll know what I mean). But that's a given, what with how they handled the two-heads thing. It looked a little clumsy, but then, so does a head stuck on a guy's shoulder. His lines were hilarious, though. He reminded me of a hyperactive bender. Who's not a robot.

An interesting point: While I thought Marvin's voice was perfect, I thought he looked a little odd (even though he had a pretty damn good facial expression for a robot). Catherine, on the other hand, thought he was designed perfectly, but his voice was a little off.

The voiceover commentary explaining things in the film (as it happened in the book...you know, describing things like the Babel fish and the Vogons) worked surprisingly well. Even though I mostly knew what lines were coming up (and if you've read the book, so will you), it was still hilarious anyway, since they used accompanying visual aids for the explanations, which breathed new life into what would otherwise be the same old jokes.

It was good stuff. No major complaints from me.

Comments:
We should get a doin's transpiring to get many peoples to see it
 
Re: Bender/Zaphod - I reckon Futurama is Hitchhiker's Guide inspired.
 
Hmm, yeah. Arthur is taken out of his own little world in much the same way Fry is. And thrown into some crazy place that makes no sense.

Good point. I shall think on this further. Now, where's some milk and cookies? That's good thinking food.

Oh, wait. I hate milk and cookies. I'll just have pizza.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?